It is a role-playing video game developed by Bioware and released in November 2014. You can play it on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. Despite Dragon Age being a top-rated game, many gamers sharing the error they get while starting the game. One such error is Dragon Age Inquisition not launching, which keeps you locked out of the game, preventing you from actually playing the game.
Below are some methods that have helped many players fix the won’t launch issue:
- How to Fix Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch Error
- Method 1: Clean Boot Your PC
- Method 2: Verify Game Files
- Method 3: Run the Game as Administrator
- Method 4: Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
- Method 5: Update Graphics Driver
- Method 6: Troubleshooting Compatibility
- Method 7: Set Exception on Your Antivirus Software
- Final Words
How to Fix Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch Error
Before you try the given steps to fix the problem, you should first restart your computer. It may automatically resolve the issue without going through the troubleshooting methods.
Method 1: Clean Boot Your PC
One of the primary causes of this annoying issue is a service running in the background. It may be a Windows service or a third-party application preventing the game from launching and functioning correctly.
To run a clean boot, go through the following steps.
- Log in to the system as an administrator.
- Click on the Windows Search bar and write “msconfig” and then press Enter key.
- Go to the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft Services option.
- Now click on Disable All option on the same window. All the third-party applications and services will be stopped from working.
- Right-click the Task Bar and select Task Manager.
- Click on the Startup tab and disable the applications. To disable the program right-click on the program and select disable.
- Now, Reboot your PC.
Check if the Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch Windows 10 issue still occurs.
Method 2: Verify Game Files
All the game files are necessary for launching the game. In case there are specific corrupted files on your PC that result in Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch, you would better verify the game files.
Follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Origin client and sign in to your account.
- Click on Game Library option on the left pane.
- Locate Dragon Age Inquisition, then Right-click on it and select Repair.
- The client will start to verify the game files. Also, it will automatically download the missing files and replace the corrupted files.
- Run the game and check if the Dragon Age Inquisition not launching problem resolves or not.
Method 3: Run the Game as Administrator
Another reason why the problem is occurring maybe Windows blocks the game from accessing certain services, files or folders. To make it work grant administrative privileges to the game.
Follow the steps given below:
- Open the game installation folder, and then right-click on the game executable to open its Properties.
- Now, navigate through the Compatibility tab.
- Then under the Compatibility tab, check the box of Run this program as administrator.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Run the game and see whether the Dragon Age Inquisition not Launching problem is resolved or not.
Method 4: Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
Full-screen optimization may also affect the performance of games. Try to disable this feature using steps below:
- Open the game installation folder and then Right–Click on the game executable.
- Select Properties and then go to the Compatibility tab.
- Under the Compatibility tab, check the box of Disable full-screen optimizations.
- Apply your settings.
Method 5: Update Graphics Driver
Outdated graphics drivers may also be causing Dragon Age Inquisition will not launch Windows 10 error.
To update the graphics driver on your PC, follow these steps:
- Write “device manager” in the search box.
- Now select Device Manager application from the popup-menu.
- Expand the Display adapters directory. Right-click on the graphics driver and choose Update Driver from the drop-down menu.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software. It will install the available updated driver for your graphic card automatically.
- Run the game and check to see if the problem persists.
Method 6: Troubleshooting Compatibility
Sometimes there are issues while trying to launch or playing a game because some games don’t fully support the architecture of Windows. Well, you don’t need to be disappointed as Windows have a compatibility mode to launch your game.
Here are the steps to run Dragon Age Inquisition in compatibility mode:
- Open the game installation Folder.
- Right-click the executable file and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and click on the Run Compatibility Troubleshooter.
- The windows will now automatically detect the preferred OS required to run the game.
- Click on the Try Recommended Settings and select Test option.
- If the program runs without any error, apply the settings and exit.
- Run the game to see whether the problem is solved.
Method 7: Set Exception on Your Antivirus Software
Antivirus software protects your computer from threats or bugs, but they can also block part of the game feature and cause problems.
To solve the issue, you can add the game into your antivirus software’s exception list. You can follow the steps below:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Defender > Open Windows Defender Security Center > Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings.
- Now, click on the drop-down list and select Add or Remove exclusions under Exclusions section.
- Click the plus icon next to Add an exclusion and choose Folder option. After that, select the game folder and click the Select Folder button.
All these methods are easy to perform. You can go through each solution one by one to resolve Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch Error.
If the problem is still there, then take the help of a technical expert to get rid of the issue.