You might have many questions related to this app such as what the com sec android daemon app is and if it is malware or a virus, etc. To clear your doubts, we have come up with this article where we will explain everything about this system app.
What is com sec android daemonapp?
Com.sec.android.daemonapp is the Android package file of the Unified Daemon(EUR) system application designed by Samsung. It runs in the background of your device. The system app is designed to stimulate the functionality of some apps, including News, Stock, and Weather.
If com.sec.android.daemonapp is not there on your phone, then apps like weather, stocks, alarm etc., would not work properly. That simply means this app provides various resources to these apps to run in the background.
The app does not gather any private data from your phone. All it uses is only the cellular data and supports the basic applications of your device.
Can I Uninstall com.sec.android.daemon app?
As already said, the com sec android daemonapp is essential for certain apps, and removing it is not an ideal decision. Well, it is not impossible to remove this system app from your phone, but it is not recommended.
You can delete the application through the rooting of the phone. Also, you can disable or force stop the application by following a few simple steps.
How to Disable/Force Stop the com sec android daemonapp?
- First of all, open your phone and go to the Settings option.
- Now, click on the Apps tab.
- Once the applications open up, search or scroll down and find com.sec.android.daemonapp.
- After finding the app, open it.
- It will give you two options- force stop and disable. You can either choose to disable or force stop it.
If you disable it, you can enable it again by doing the same steps as above. After you have disabled the application, there is a chance when an error occurs saying “unfortunately com sec android daemonapp has stopped working”. To fix this, you can force stop the Daemon app and then clear app data. And if you want to uninstall the app, you must root your Android device.
How to Uninstall com.sec.android.daemon app?
Com.sec.android.daemon is an inbuilt app, and that’s why you cannot uninstall the application easily. But there is an option to uninstall the daemon app by rooting your Android device.
Here are the steps to do so:
- First of all, download and install the rooting application like the KingRoot app on your android device.
- Launch the application and click on the root option.
- After that, the application will start rooting the smartphone, and the process will get completed in a few minutes.
- Now, download and install the system app remover application on your android device.
- Open the app and search for com.sec.android.daemon app.
- After reaching the uninstall option, tap the uninstall tab to delete the application permanently from your android device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is com sec android daemonapp a virus?
No, it is not a virus or malware, or spyware that can harm your smartphone or cause a threat to your privacy.
Does it consume battery, data, and memory?
The application runs in the background and thus consumes more battery and data. Also, it takes your device’s memory space.
Can I uninstall the com.sec.android.daemon app directly from the android device?
It’s built-in software on your phone, so you cannot uninstall the application from your device directly. To uninstall the application, you need to root your android device and follow the steps mentioned above.
If you are one of those users who want to know what com sec android daemonapp is and how to get rid of the program, this guide will surely help you. It’s a pre-built app on all Samsung devices and will hardly cause any problems with your device. So it’s all depends on you whether you want to disable or uninstall it.
If you have any doubt related to this post, leave a comment down below.